Liberty Johansen is going to change the way we look at the night sky. Most people see the old constellations, the things they’ve been told to see. But Liberty sees new patterns, pictures and possibilities. She’s an exception.
Some other exceptions:
Her dad, who gave her the stars. Who moved out months ago and hasn’t talked to her since.
Her mom, who’s happier since he left, even though everyone thinks she should be sad and lonely.
And her sister, who won’t leave their house.
Liberty feels like her whole world is falling from space. Can she map a new life for herself and her family before they spin too far out of reach?
‘I loved this book…Bravo, [Amy Sarig King] on this tender sensitively told story about a young girl reaching for the stars.’ Nadia King
- Themes:LGBTQI, friendshipReading age:14+
- Themes:comedy, space travel, adventure, crime, family, suspenseReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:time-travel, adventure, fantasy, steampunk, friendship, historyReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:time-travel, adventure, fantasy, steampunk, friendship, identityReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, family, identity, disability, friendship, history, WWIIReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, survival, honour, sacrifice, friendship, guilt, courage, grief and lossReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:holocaust, moral choices, good and evil, friendship, IdentityReading age:14+
- Themes:LGBTQI, coming-of-age, friendship, moral and ethical conflictReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, cold war, friendshipReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:coming-of-age, friendship, escape, loveReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, action, steampunk, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:love, friendship, identity, mystery, relationshipsReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Australian history, politics, migration, conflict, identity, womenReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, relationships, love, betrayalReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:intercultural understanding, environment, class, physical and mental survivalReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:imagination, friendship, nature, identityReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:supernatural, friendship, identityReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:identity, sibling relationships, guilt, philosophyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:settlement, land rights, identityReading age:15 +Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:dystopia, war, disease, friendship, survivalReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:historical, friendship, identity, being true to yourselfReading age:10+Australian