In the dusty shadows of an abandoned house, twins Stefan and Arlo discover a secretive girl. Alice is smart and strong and not happy to have her hideout found, but she needs their help—her twin sister is locked in a cage suspended high above a mysterious mine in a parallel world.
Will the brothers meet her at midnight on the next full moon at the entrance to a tunnel Stefan and Arlo both know can’t possibly exist?
Except that it does. And when they travel through it, the twins find themselves on a dangerous and difficult quest that will challenge all their ideas of who they are and what they can do.
The Tunnel of Dreams is a delightful middle-grade fantasy adventure about friendship and loyalty, and about dreaming big and achieving the impossible.
‘A charmingly breezy middle fiction fantasy novel…[with] plenty of villainous twists…perfect for readers who aren’t quite ready for Percy Jackson, and for when the later Harry Potter books are a little too scary.’ Books+Publishing
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:8+Australian
- Themes:Fantasy romance, strong heroine, epic fantasyReading age:13+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:dealing with grief, self-acceptance, road trip, familyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:dealing with death, coping with grief, friendshipReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:own voices, world literature, multicultural stories, south asian literatureReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, understanding adults, self-confidence, independenceReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, Small Town Life, Family, mental healthReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:Friendship, Family, Aliens, HomesickReading age:8openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, love, mysteryReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:space adventure, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:Friendship, Teen suicide, Coming-of-Age, Teen relationships, teen alcoholism, supernaturalReading age:14+
- Themes:Autism, French teens, American teens, friendship, coming-of-age, ProustReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, Social Skills, Adoption, WWII England, Coming of Age, Dealing with Abuse, Friendship, Family Life, LGBTQIAReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, Animal rights, Bravery, Coming-of-AgeReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Dystopian, Coming of Age, Refugees, Australia, Dystopia, self esteem & relianceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Mental Health, Teen sexuality, LGBTQIA, Suicide, Romance, FriendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Dystopian, Technology, Paranormal, Thriller, RomanceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Australian history, Convicts, True Stories, Tasmania, Sailing, Birds, Pirates, IllustratedReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:music, friendship, overcoming fear, cultural differencesReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:art, domestic violence, family, coming-of-age, mental healthReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes