The secret admirer.
The fake relationship.
A swoon-worthy collection of stories of first love, unrequited love, love that surprises, love that’s been there all along. Ten of the brightest and award-winning authors writing YA have taken on some of your favourite romantic tropes, embracing them and turning them on their heads. Readers will fall for this collection of stories that celebrate love at its most humorous, inclusive, heart-expanding, and serendipitous.
Edited by Marissa Meyer, contributors include: Elise Bryant (Happily Ever Afters), Elizabeth Eulberg (The Lonely Hearts Club), Leah Johnson (You Should See Me in a Crown), Anna-Marie McLemore (When the Moon Was Ours), Marissa Meyer (the Lunar Chronicles), Sandhya Menon (Dimpleverse books), Julie Murphy (Dumplin’), Caleb Roehrig (Last Seen Leaving), Sarah Winifred Searle (Sincerely Harriet) and Abigail Hing Wen (Loveboat, Taipei).
‘Marissa Meyer rocks the fractured fairytale genre.’ The Seattle Times on the Lunar Chronicles
- Reading age:11+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, cancer, survival, identityReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, horror, fantasy, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, romance, friendship, alienationReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:dystopia, adventure, mystery, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:grief, pregnancy, identity, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, history, courage, love, religionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Mental Health, Teen sexuality, LGBTQIA, Suicide, Romance, FriendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian