When her parents announce their impending separation, Natalie can’t understand why no one is fighting or at least mildly upset. And now that Zach and Lucy, her two best friends, have fallen in love, she’s feeling slightly miffed and decidedly awkward.
Where does she fit in now? And what has happened to the version of her life that played out like a TV show—with just the right amount of banter, pining and meaningful looks?
Nothing is going according to plan.
But then an unexpected romance comes along and shakes things up even further.
‘An adorably awkward and real romance. It was love at first chapter for me.’ Emily Gale
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:Autism, French teens, American teens, friendship, coming-of-age, ProustReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Reading age:13+
- Themes:Short stories, love, identity, LGBTQIReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, teenage sexuality, the traps of social networkingReading age:15+
- Themes:counter-culture, indie music, surfing, sexualityReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:fantasy, morality, bullyingReading age:14+
- Themes:friendship, cancer, survival, identityReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:coming-of-age, celebrity, friendshipReading age:15+Australian
- Themes:friendship, identity, homelessness, grief, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:coming-of-age, friendship, escape, loveReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:comedy, space travel, adventure, crime, family, suspenseReading age:14+Australian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:grief, identity, family, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, sibling relationships, guilt, philosophyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, social networking, peer pressure, identityReading age:13+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:historical, friendship, identity, being true to yourselfReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, cold war, friendshipReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:coming-of-age, road novel, identityReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:Dystopian, Technology, Paranormal, Thriller, RomanceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:love, identity, friendship, class, crimeReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes