Liberty Johansen is going to change the way we look at the night sky. Most people see the old constellations, the things they’ve been told to see. But Liberty sees new patterns, pictures and possibilities. She’s an exception.
Some other exceptions:
Her dad, who gave her the stars. Who moved out months ago and hasn’t talked to her since.
Her mom, who’s happier since he left, even though everyone thinks she should be sad and lonely.
And her sister, who won’t leave their house.
Liberty feels like her whole world is falling from space. Can she map a new life for herself and her family before they spin too far out of reach?
‘I loved this book…Bravo, [Amy Sarig King] on this tender sensitively told story about a young girl reaching for the stars.’ Nadia King
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:8+
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:Autism, French teens, American teens, friendship, coming-of-age, ProustReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Reading age:13+
- Themes:Short stories, love, identity, LGBTQIReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, teenage sexuality, the traps of social networkingReading age:15+
- Themes:counter-culture, indie music, surfing, sexualityReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:fantasy, morality, bullyingReading age:14+
- Themes:friendship, cancer, survival, identityReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:coming-of-age, celebrity, friendshipReading age:15+Australian
- Themes:friendship, identity, homelessness, grief, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:coming-of-age, friendship, escape, loveReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:comedy, space travel, adventure, crime, family, suspenseReading age:14+Australian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Reading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:grief, identity, family, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, sibling relationships, guilt, philosophyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, social networking, peer pressure, identityReading age:13+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:historical, friendship, identity, being true to yourselfReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, cold war, friendshipReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:coming-of-age, road novel, identityReading age:14+Australian