When Lindsay meets Elias the signs aren’t promising. She’s a grungy introvert who doesn’t want to talk to anyone. He’s a teen fashionista who can’t shut the hell up.
But since Lindsay tracked down a runaway kid, word’s got around that she knows how to find people. And Elias is looking for his birth mother. And he has money, and Lindsay’s perpetually broke… So that’s how this oddest of odd couples teams up.
But the thing is, Lindsay wasn’t actually trying to find the runaway. It’s just how she looks at the world. Not idly, like most people, but really looking. Scanning every house, every face, every car. That’s because someone is missing in Lindsay’s life: her identical twin Frankie, who disappeared when they were eight. Since then, her parents have kept themselves busy. And angry. And Lindsay has been…looking.
In Elias, despite their differences, she might have found someone to look with.
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:Autism, French teens, American teens, friendship, coming-of-age, ProustReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Short stories, love, identity, LGBTQIReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, teenage sexuality, the traps of social networkingReading age:15+
- Themes:counter-culture, indie music, surfing, sexualityReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:fantasy, morality, bullyingReading age:14+
- Themes:friendship, cancer, survival, identityReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:crime-solving, rural living, family mysteriesReading age:13 +Australian
- Themes:falling in love, family and social dislocation, suicideReading age:14+
- Themes:racism, friendship, family, identityReading age:12+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:coming-of-age, celebrity, friendshipReading age:15+Australian
- Themes:friendship, identity, homelessness, grief, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Friendship, Animal rights, Bravery, Coming-of-AgeReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Mental Health, Peer Pressure, Coming of Age, Friendship, Family, Ghost storyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:intercultural understanding, environment, class, physical and mental survivalReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:art, domestic violence, family, coming-of-age, mental healthReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:coming-of-age, friendship, escape, loveReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, mystery, environment, friendshipReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:comedy, space travel, adventure, crime, family, suspenseReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:fantasy, death, adolescenceReading age:14+
- Themes:Friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+Australian