Finn and Kas are surviving on the coast – more than surviving: they’re enjoying the surf, the summer and being together. And now, the lights of Wentworth mean life could soon be back to normal. Finn is cautiously optimistic, but Kas knows she can never escape her status as a Siley, and that a return to slavery is a very real possibility. She’s nervous. And it turns out she’s right to be. When Kas is captured and taken inside the fences, Finn faces his greatest challenge yet.
Land of Fences is the compelling third and final novel in Mark Smith’s highly acclaimed action-packed trilogy that began with The Road to Winter.
- Themes:Australian history, politics, migration, conflict, identity, womenReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Australian history, illustratedReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:explorers, history, survivalReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:history, Australian explorersReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:World War I, Anzacs on the Western FrontReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian