Bailey’s mum had always said that being by the creek with Bailey and her dad was as good as it gets. She had shown Bailey sap glistening on tree trunks. They had crouched together to nudge a beetle onto a leaf. They had sat on the creek’s edge with their bare feet in the water.
It’s one year since Bailey’s mum died. And her dad doesn’t seem to care much about anything. But Bailey still spends afternoons by the creek with her dog, Sheba.
Until Sheba gets sick—very sick—from something she must have swallowed while swimming in the creek. And Bailey notices all the rubbish polluting the waterway.
Between visits to Sheba in the vet hospital, Bailey tries to find a way to make the creek safe for Sheba and other animals. And through her unexpected friendship with Israel, a quiet boy who knows about endangered species, Bailey Finch finds the courage to take a stand.
‘Bailey Finch reminds us that change is possible when good people take a stand. A beautiful, inspiring tale about a true hero.’ Penny Tangey
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:adventure, environment, friendshipReading age:13+Australian
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:space adventure, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:road safety, grief, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, imagination, courageReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:supernatural, family, mystery, multiculturalism, bullyingReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:supernatural, friendship, identityReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:identity, friendship, family, classReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, survival, honour, sacrifice, friendship, guilt, courage, grief and lossReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Dystopian, Technology, Paranormal, Thriller, RomanceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:the future, climate change, scienceReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, mystery, environment, friendshipReading age:14+Australian
- Reading age:14+
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:Dystopian, Coming of Age, Refugees, Australia, Dystopia, self esteem & relianceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:11+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:music, friendship, overcoming fear, cultural differencesReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:settlement, land rights, identityReading age:15 +Australian
- Themes:Friendship, rural Australia, sisters, coming of ageReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:Shakespeare, first love, dysfunctional familiesReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian