I didn’t always live here. Not so long ago I was living in a thriving metropolis with more than one coffee shop on each block and four full bars of reception. I went to Heathmont High School, home to one thousand students, two best friends, a deeply average orchestra, and one cursed statue. Well, allegedly.
Reece still isn’t used to living in the small beachside town of Hamilton: she misses her old school, her old friends and her old life. She can’t go back and she can’t move forward: nothing feels right anymore. Not that she’s trying very hard – she hasn’t even unpacked yet, and the only new friend she’s made is a middle-aged barista.
But when Reece inherits a strange artefact that belonged to her beloved grandmother, she begins to unravel a mystery that might change the way she feels about everything around her, including her charismatic classmate Gideon…
A lively, witty novel about letting go of the past and finding your place in the world, The Museum of Broken Things introduces a dazzling new voice in contemporary fiction.
‘A clear-eyed, absorbing and atmospheric story of loss (and love) that pulls you in, then warmly holds you there.’ Rhiannon Wilde, award-winning author of Henry Hamlet’s Heart
- Themes:friendship, cancer, survival, identityReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:artistic freedom, Tiananmen SquareReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:LGBTQI, coming-of-age, friendship, moral and ethical conflictReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:friendship, loving life, facing adversityReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:comedy, space travel, adventure, crime, family, suspenseReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:friendship, history, courage, love, religionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, action, steampunk, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:Friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:fantasy, identity, friendship, loveReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:unemployment, Australian history, rights, identityReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:coming-of-age, celebrity, friendshipReading age:15+Australian
- Themes:history, Australian explorersReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:Mental Health, Teen sexuality, LGBTQIA, Suicide, Romance, FriendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, LGBTQI, family, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Mental Health, Peer Pressure, Coming of Age, Friendship, Family, Ghost storyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:disability, friendship, family, bullying, identityReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian