The secret admirer.
The fake relationship.
A swoon-worthy collection of stories of first love, unrequited love, love that surprises, love that’s been there all along. Ten of the brightest and award-winning authors writing YA have taken on some of your favourite romantic tropes, embracing them and turning them on their heads. Readers will fall for this collection of stories that celebrate love at its most humorous, inclusive, heart-expanding, and serendipitous.
Edited by Marissa Meyer, contributors include: Elise Bryant (Happily Ever Afters), Elizabeth Eulberg (The Lonely Hearts Club), Leah Johnson (You Should See Me in a Crown), Anna-Marie McLemore (When the Moon Was Ours), Marissa Meyer (the Lunar Chronicles), Sandhya Menon (Dimpleverse books), Julie Murphy (Dumplin’), Caleb Roehrig (Last Seen Leaving), Sarah Winifred Searle (Sincerely Harriet) and Abigail Hing Wen (Loveboat, Taipei).
‘Marissa Meyer rocks the fractured fairytale genre.’ The Seattle Times on the Lunar Chronicles
- Themes:Friendship, rural Australia, sisters, coming of ageReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:imagination, friendship, overcoming fearReading age:all ages
- Themes:friendship, history, courage, love, religionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, imagination, courageReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:survival, honour, friendship, love, refugees, dystopiaReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:resilience, grief, family, friendship, identity, animals, cancerReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:LGBTQI, friendshipReading age:14+
- Themes:comedy, space travel, adventure, crime, family, suspenseReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:time-travel, adventure, fantasy, steampunk, friendship, historyReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:time-travel, adventure, fantasy, steampunk, friendship, identityReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, family, identity, disability, friendship, history, WWIIReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, survival, honour, sacrifice, friendship, guilt, courage, grief and lossReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:holocaust, moral choices, good and evil, friendship, IdentityReading age:14+
- Themes:LGBTQI, coming-of-age, friendship, moral and ethical conflictReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, cold war, friendshipReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:coming-of-age, friendship, escape, loveReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, action, steampunk, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:love, friendship, identity, mystery, relationshipsReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Australian history, politics, migration, conflict, identity, womenReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, relationships, love, betrayalReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:intercultural understanding, environment, class, physical and mental survivalReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:imagination, friendship, nature, identityReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian