Finn and Kas are surviving on the coast – more than surviving: they’re enjoying the surf, the summer and being together. And now, the lights of Wentworth mean life could soon be back to normal. Finn is cautiously optimistic, but Kas knows she can never escape her status as a Siley, and that a return to slavery is a very real possibility. She’s nervous. And it turns out she’s right to be. When Kas is captured and taken inside the fences, Finn faces his greatest challenge yet.
Land of Fences is the compelling third and final novel in Mark Smith’s highly acclaimed action-packed trilogy that began with The Road to Winter.
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:LGBTQI, coming-of-age, friendship, moral and ethical conflictReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Mental Health, Teen sexuality, LGBTQIA, Suicide, Romance, FriendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Themes:LGBTQI, friendshipReading age:14+
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:Friendship, Social Skills, Adoption, WWII England, Coming of Age, Dealing with Abuse, Friendship, Family Life, LGBTQIAReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:grief, pregnancy, identity, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, love, mysteryReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, LGBTQI, family, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendship, depressionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes