In the dusty shadows of an abandoned house, twins Stefan and Arlo discover a secretive girl. Alice is smart and strong and not happy to have her hideout found, but she needs their help—her twin sister is locked in a cage suspended high above a mysterious mine in a parallel world.
Will the brothers meet her at midnight on the next full moon at the entrance to a tunnel Stefan and Arlo both know can’t possibly exist?
Except that it does. And when they travel through it, the twins find themselves on a dangerous and difficult quest that will challenge all their ideas of who they are and what they can do.
The Tunnel of Dreams is a delightful middle-grade fantasy adventure about friendship and loyalty, and about dreaming big and achieving the impossible.
‘A charmingly breezy middle fiction fantasy novel…[with] plenty of villainous twists…perfect for readers who aren’t quite ready for Percy Jackson, and for when the later Harry Potter books are a little too scary.’ Books+Publishing
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:LGBTQI, coming-of-age, friendship, moral and ethical conflictReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Mental Health, Teen sexuality, LGBTQIA, Suicide, Romance, FriendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:LGBTQI, friendshipReading age:14+
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:Friendship, Social Skills, Adoption, WWII England, Coming of Age, Dealing with Abuse, Friendship, Family Life, LGBTQIAReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:grief, pregnancy, identity, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, love, mysteryReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, LGBTQI, family, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendship, depressionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes