When her parents announce their impending separation, Natalie can’t understand why no one is fighting or at least mildly upset. And now that Zach and Lucy, her two best friends, have fallen in love, she’s feeling slightly miffed and decidedly awkward.
Where does she fit in now? And what has happened to the version of her life that played out like a TV show—with just the right amount of banter, pining and meaningful looks?
Nothing is going according to plan.
But then an unexpected romance comes along and shakes things up even further.
‘An adorably awkward and real romance. It was love at first chapter for me.’ Emily Gale
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:LGBTQI, coming-of-age, friendship, moral and ethical conflictReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Mental Health, Teen sexuality, LGBTQIA, Suicide, Romance, FriendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Themes:LGBTQI, friendshipReading age:14+
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:Friendship, Social Skills, Adoption, WWII England, Coming of Age, Dealing with Abuse, Friendship, Family Life, LGBTQIAReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:grief, pregnancy, identity, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, love, mysteryReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:identity, LGBTQI, family, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendship, depressionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes