I stumbled towards the Meat House, my body shaking with the violence that raged within me, as the realisation of the mistake I had made in coming here rose to the surface of my mind. This was the last place I should be. That thought was crossed by another, even more terrifying.
This is exactly where I belong.
Asa’s running from a troubled past. To a remote outback town, a disappointing father and a fresh start that’s already souring.
But then the notorious Dirt Circus League arrives. A troupe of outcast teens performing spectacular fight sequences and challenging any who dares to take part. They’re ruthless. Menacing. Thrilling. And led by the magnetic Quarter. He’s dark, powerful and intensely attractive—and he faces a threat only Asa can see.
Will Asa be drawn into the league’s mysterious community?
And, as she discovers the violent secrets at its heart, will she delve into her own untapped abilities to save herself—and heal those caught in its evil web?
‘A gripping and intense genre-bender that doesn’t pull punches, set in Australia’s beautiful but hostile far north where more dangers are lurking than you’d think.’ Sarah Epstein
- Themes:identity, anxiety, friendship, family, mysteryReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Australian history, Convicts, True Stories, Tasmania, Sailing, Birds, Pirates, IllustratedReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:13+
- Themes:dealing with death, coping with grief, friendshipReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Australian history, illustratedReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Fantasy romance, strong heroine, epic fantasyReading age:13+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Dystopian, Technology, Paranormal, Thriller, RomanceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:imagination, friendship, overcoming fearReading age:all ages
- Themes:friendship, time travel, conscienceReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:historical, friendship, identity, being true to yourselfReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Themes:Friendship, Family, Aliens, HomesickReading age:8openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:Dystopian, Coming of Age, Refugees, Australia, Dystopia, self esteem & relianceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:comedy, space travel, adventure, crime, family, suspenseReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:friendship, relationships, love, betrayalReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:own voices, world literature, multicultural stories, south asian literatureReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, Teen suicide, Coming-of-Age, Teen relationships, teen alcoholism, supernaturalReading age:14+
- Themes:adventure, mystery, action, steampunk, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:friendship, standing up for your beliefs, overcoming hardshipReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+Australian