When Lindsay meets Elias the signs aren’t promising. She’s a grungy introvert who doesn’t want to talk to anyone. He’s a teen fashionista who can’t shut the hell up.
But since Lindsay tracked down a runaway kid, word’s got around that she knows how to find people. And Elias is looking for his birth mother. And he has money, and Lindsay’s perpetually broke… So that’s how this oddest of odd couples teams up.
But the thing is, Lindsay wasn’t actually trying to find the runaway. It’s just how she looks at the world. Not idly, like most people, but really looking. Scanning every house, every face, every car. That’s because someone is missing in Lindsay’s life: her identical twin Frankie, who disappeared when they were eight. Since then, her parents have kept themselves busy. And angry. And Lindsay has been…looking.
In Elias, despite their differences, she might have found someone to look with.
- Themes:friendship, imagination, courageReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:imagination, friendship, overcoming fearReading age:all ages
- Themes:Australian history, Convicts, True Stories, Tasmania, Sailing, Birds, Pirates, IllustratedReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:dealing with death, coping with grief, friendshipReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, cold war, friendshipReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, Teen suicide, Coming-of-Age, Teen relationships, teen alcoholism, supernaturalReading age:14+
- Themes:space adventure, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:sleep, patience, humour, illustratedReading age:2+
- Themes:friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Fantasy romance, strong heroine, epic fantasyReading age:13+
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:Friendship, understanding adults, self-confidence, independenceReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, adventure, beginning high schoolReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, anxiety, friendship, family, mysteryReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:dealing with grief, self-acceptance, road trip, familyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Autism, French teens, American teens, friendship, coming-of-age, ProustReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:resilience, grief, family, friendship, identity, animals, cancerReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, time travel, conscienceReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, patience, toleranceReading age:7+openbookTeaching notes