Liberty Johansen is going to change the way we look at the night sky. Most people see the old constellations, the things they’ve been told to see. But Liberty sees new patterns, pictures and possibilities. She’s an exception.
Some other exceptions:
Her dad, who gave her the stars. Who moved out months ago and hasn’t talked to her since.
Her mom, who’s happier since he left, even though everyone thinks she should be sad and lonely.
And her sister, who won’t leave their house.
Liberty feels like her whole world is falling from space. Can she map a new life for herself and her family before they spin too far out of reach?
‘I loved this book…Bravo, [Amy Sarig King] on this tender sensitively told story about a young girl reaching for the stars.’ Nadia King
- Themes:friendship, imagination, courageReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:imagination, friendship, overcoming fearReading age:all ages
- Themes:Australian history, Convicts, True Stories, Tasmania, Sailing, Birds, Pirates, IllustratedReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:dealing with death, coping with grief, friendshipReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, cold war, friendshipReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, Teen suicide, Coming-of-Age, Teen relationships, teen alcoholism, supernaturalReading age:14+
- Themes:space adventure, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:sleep, patience, humour, illustratedReading age:2+
- Themes:friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Fantasy romance, strong heroine, epic fantasyReading age:13+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:Friendship, understanding adults, self-confidence, independenceReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, adventure, beginning high schoolReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, anxiety, friendship, family, mysteryReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:dealing with grief, self-acceptance, road trip, familyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Autism, French teens, American teens, friendship, coming-of-age, ProustReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Reading age:13+
- Themes:resilience, grief, family, friendship, identity, animals, cancerReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, time travel, conscienceReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes