When her parents announce their impending separation, Natalie can’t understand why no one is fighting or at least mildly upset. And now that Zach and Lucy, her two best friends, have fallen in love, she’s feeling slightly miffed and decidedly awkward.
Where does she fit in now? And what has happened to the version of her life that played out like a TV show—with just the right amount of banter, pining and meaningful looks?
Nothing is going according to plan.
But then an unexpected romance comes along and shakes things up even further.
‘An adorably awkward and real romance. It was love at first chapter for me.’ Emily Gale
- Themes:friendship, imagination, courageReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:imagination, friendship, overcoming fearReading age:all ages
- Themes:Australian history, Convicts, True Stories, Tasmania, Sailing, Birds, Pirates, IllustratedReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:dealing with death, coping with grief, friendshipReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, cold war, friendshipReading age:11+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Friendship, Teen suicide, Coming-of-Age, Teen relationships, teen alcoholism, supernaturalReading age:14+
- Themes:space adventure, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:8+Australian
- Themes:sleep, patience, humour, illustratedReading age:2+
- Themes:friendship, funny stories, self-acceptance, weird storiesReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Fantasy romance, strong heroine, epic fantasyReading age:13+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, family and legacy, art, surrealism and creativity, cross-cultural identity, adolescence, magic and imaginationReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendshipReading age:9+Australian
- Themes:Friendship, understanding adults, self-confidence, independenceReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, steampunk, actionReading age:9+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, adventure, beginning high schoolReading age:8+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, anxiety, friendship, family, mysteryReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:dealing with grief, self-acceptance, road trip, familyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Autism, French teens, American teens, friendship, coming-of-age, ProustReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Reading age:13+
- Themes:resilience, grief, family, friendship, identity, animals, cancerReading age:9+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Coming of Age, Romance, LGBTQIA, Small Town Life, Family,Reading age:14+Australian
- Themes:adventure, mystery, friendship, wealthReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:friendship, time travel, conscienceReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes