When her parents announce their impending separation, Natalie can’t understand why no one is fighting or at least mildly upset. And now that Zach and Lucy, her two best friends, have fallen in love, she’s feeling slightly miffed and decidedly awkward.
Where does she fit in now? And what has happened to the version of her life that played out like a TV show—with just the right amount of banter, pining and meaningful looks?
Nothing is going according to plan.
But then an unexpected romance comes along and shakes things up even further.
‘An adorably awkward and real romance. It was love at first chapter for me.’ Emily Gale
- Themes:love, friendship, identity, mystery, relationshipsReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Short stories, love, identity, LGBTQIReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Identity, love, relationships, magical realismReading age:14+
- Themes:supernatural, friendship, identityReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:class, identity, decayed values, material excess, historyReading age:15+
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:LGBTQI, friendshipReading age:14+
- Themes:Love, identity, LGBTQIReading age:14+
- Themes:identity, love, mysteryReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes