Twelve-year-old Bobby Baxter’s not the bravest kid on Earth. His list of things that scare him is up to number 689, and includes lightning, crowds, spiders, alien abductions, crocodiles, falling from great heights, falling from small heights and eggs.
So when he learns that he’s the first Earthling ever chosen to attend the Galactic Space Academy, light years away from home, he’s terrified—and that’s before he discovers that someone at the academy wants the boy from Earth gone.
- Themes:Australian history, politics, migration, conflict, identity, womenReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:holocaust, survival, love, family, warReading age:12+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Australian history, illustratedReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:explorers, history, survivalReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:history, Australian explorersReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:the future, climate change, scienceReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:World War I, Anzacs on the Western FrontReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:sexuality, feminism, identityReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian