The secret admirer.
The fake relationship.
A swoon-worthy collection of stories of first love, unrequited love, love that surprises, love that’s been there all along. Ten of the brightest and award-winning authors writing YA have taken on some of your favourite romantic tropes, embracing them and turning them on their heads. Readers will fall for this collection of stories that celebrate love at its most humorous, inclusive, heart-expanding, and serendipitous.
Edited by Marissa Meyer, contributors include: Elise Bryant (Happily Ever Afters), Elizabeth Eulberg (The Lonely Hearts Club), Leah Johnson (You Should See Me in a Crown), Anna-Marie McLemore (When the Moon Was Ours), Marissa Meyer (the Lunar Chronicles), Sandhya Menon (Dimpleverse books), Julie Murphy (Dumplin’), Caleb Roehrig (Last Seen Leaving), Sarah Winifred Searle (Sincerely Harriet) and Abigail Hing Wen (Loveboat, Taipei).
‘Marissa Meyer rocks the fractured fairytale genre.’ The Seattle Times on the Lunar Chronicles
- Themes:explorers, history, survivalReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Australian history, politics, migration, conflict, identity, womenReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Australian history, illustratedReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:history, Australian explorersReading age:12+Australian
- Reading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:World War I, Anzacs on the Western FrontReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:holocaust, survival, love, family, warReading age:12+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:sexuality, feminism, identityReading age:14+Australian
- Themes:the future, climate change, scienceReading age:13+openbookTeaching notesAustralian