In the dusty shadows of an abandoned house, twins Stefan and Arlo discover a secretive girl. Alice is smart and strong and not happy to have her hideout found, but she needs their help—her twin sister is locked in a cage suspended high above a mysterious mine in a parallel world.
Will the brothers meet her at midnight on the next full moon at the entrance to a tunnel Stefan and Arlo both know can’t possibly exist?
Except that it does. And when they travel through it, the twins find themselves on a dangerous and difficult quest that will challenge all their ideas of who they are and what they can do.
The Tunnel of Dreams is a delightful middle-grade fantasy adventure about friendship and loyalty, and about dreaming big and achieving the impossible.
‘A charmingly breezy middle fiction fantasy novel…[with] plenty of villainous twists…perfect for readers who aren’t quite ready for Percy Jackson, and for when the later Harry Potter books are a little too scary.’ Books+Publishing
- Themes:friendship, cancer, survival, identityReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:unemployment, Australian history, rights, identityReading age:12+Australian
- Themes:World War I, Anzacs on the Western FrontReading age:12+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:identity, friendship, family, classReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Dystopian, Coming of Age, Refugees, Australia, Dystopia, self esteem & relianceReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:settlement, land rights, identityReading age:15 +Australian
- Themes:identity, anxiety, friendship, family, mysteryReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:Australian history, illustratedReading age:10+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:Fantasy romance, strong heroine, epic fantasyReading age:13+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, time travel, conscienceReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:historical, friendship, identity, being true to yourselfReading age:10+Australian
- Themes:identity, LGBTQI, family, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:15+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:fear, family secrets, mysteryReading age:15+
- Themes:depression, friendship, sexual identity, suicide, academic pressure, love, adolescent confusionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:sex, science, friendshipReading age:13+
- Themes:adventure, friendship, survivalReading age:13+Australian
- Themes:holocaust, moral choices, good and evil, friendship, IdentityReading age:14+
- Themes:adventure, family, identity, disability, friendship, history, WWIIReading age:10+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:adventure, horror, fantasy, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Themes:homosexuality, friendship, depressionReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:the future, artificial intelligence, human identity, philosophyReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:grief, pregnancy, identity, friendship, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian
- Reading age:13+
- Themes:dystopia, adventure, mystery, friendshipReading age:14+openbookTeaching notes
- Themes:friendship, identity, homelessness, grief, coming-of-ageReading age:14+openbookTeaching notesAustralian