Please note that we are reading for the Text Prize until the end of April. We will respond to submissions as quickly as we can but the process will take longer during this judging period.
Send manuscript submissions to:
22 William St
Melbourne VIC 3000
Some notes on submitting manuscripts:
- Text is broadly interested in publishing fiction and non-fiction, including upper primary and young adult. Please note that we are not accepting poetry, play scripts or picture books at present.
- Please submit only one manuscript at a time.
- Please send a 1-page synopsis and your first 3 chapters in hard copy. If we want to see more we will contact you.
- We prefer 1.5 or double line spacing, and double-sided printing. We discourage the use of plastics, and prefer your manuscript not be bound. Don’t forget to number the pages.
- We do not accept submissions by email.
- Make sure your manuscript has your full contact details, including email address, so we can reach you easily if we need to.
- Do not send original material as it will not be held for collection or be returned.
- Due to the large number of manuscripts we receive and consider we are unable to provide individual editorial advice.
- It takes approximately three months for submissions to be assessed, and it may be longer depending on the volume of submissions. No acknowledgement of receipt will be sent. You will be advised via email when your submission has been assessed.
- Please note: when we receive your manuscript, you will be automatically added to our newsletter subscriber list. If you don’t wish to be a subscriber, please state that clearly on your submission.
Thank you. We look forward to reading your work.
Also check out the Text Prize for Young Adults and Children’s Writing for the opportunity to win a publishing contract with Text.