Some notes on submitting manuscripts:
- Text is broadly interested in publishing fiction and non-fiction, including middle-grade and young adult.
- We are not considering poetry, play scripts, screenplays, picture books, individual short stories, technical manuals, cookbooks, how-to guides, travel guides or educational textbooks at present.
- Please send one PDF or Word document containing a cover letter, a 1-page synopsis and your first 3 chapters to email@example.com. We prefer 1.5 or double line spacing, and a simple, clear font. If we want to see more, we will contact you.
- Please submit only one manuscript at a time.
- We are unable to provide individual editorial advice due to the large volume of submissions.
- It takes approximately three months for submissions to be considered, and it may be longer depending on the volume of submissions. You will be advised via email when your submission has been considered.
- Please note: when we receive your manuscript, you will be automatically added to our newsletter subscriber list. If you don’t wish to be a subscriber, please state that clearly on your submission.
- If you do not adhere to these guidelines, your manuscript will not be considered and you may not receive a notification.
Thank you. We look forward to reading your work.
Also check out the Text Prize for Young Adults and Children’s Writing for the opportunity to win a publishing contract with Text.