Text Publishing is looking for an enthusiastic person to join its energetic, highly effective team in a full-time, one-year contract position.
Duties include doing mailouts, producing marketing materials, database maintenance, coordinating epub production, issuing stock reports and arranging reprints, and assistance with events. The successful applicant will demonstrate a love of books, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and great organisational and multi-tasking abilities. Experience in the book industry would be an advantage.
Applications must include a response to the key selection criteria, and must be received by 9am on Monday 10 November.
- Maintaining and constantly expanding Text's media, bookseller and community interest databases
- Uploading bibliographical data to internal databases and external review sites
- Adding author events to the Text website and company calendar
- Assisting with events for international and local authors
- Uploading monthly sales materials for Text's distributors (Penguin Australia and Penguin NZ) to schedule
- Notifying distributors' sales managers and reps about forthcoming publicity and events
- Producing marketing materials (posters, invitations)
- Conducting monthly mailouts of books and publicity/marketing materials for new releases, plus additional mailouts on request
- Producing low-stock reports and arranging reprints
- Coordinating the production of epub files
- Performing an annual stocktake of Text's stockroom
- A love of books and reading
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- An excellent phone manner
- First-rate administration and organisational skills, and attention to detail when working at speed
- A valid Australian driver's license
- Experience with Word, Excel, InDesign and database programs
- Experience in the book industry would be an advantage
Applications must include a response to the key selection criteria, and must be received at email@example.com by 9am on Monday 10 November.
Terms: This is a full-time one-year contract position, based in Melbourne
Reporting: To the Sales & Marketing Director
Salary: To be negotiated with the successful applicant