Everyone Loves You When You’re Dead is a hilarious and revealing collection of celebrity interviews by Neil Strauss, the bestselling author of The Game and The Dirt. Strauss has been a reporter for Rolling Stone magazine and the New York Times, giving him access to a wide variety of major celebrities.
In this book he:
- makes Lady Gaga cry, tries to keep Motley Crue out of jail and gets kidnapped by Courtney Love.
- shoots guns with Ludacris, takes a ride with Neil Young and goes to church with Tom Cruise and his mother.
- spends the night with Trent Reznor, reads the mind of Britney Spears and finds religion with Stephen Colbert.
- gets picked on by Led Zeppelin, threatened by the mafia and serenaded by Leonard Cohen.
- goes drinking with Bruce Springsteen, dining with Gwen Stefani and hot tubbing with Marilyn Manson.
- talks glam with David Bowie, drugs with Madonna, death with Johnny Cash and sex with Chuck Berry.
- gets molested by the Strokes, in trouble with Prince and in bed with … you’ll find out who inside.
In Everyone Loves You When You’re Dead Strauss offers 120 of those singular, hit-you-in-the-guts, perception-altering interviews, as only he can. This is cultural journalism at its most entertaining and rock journalism at its most revealing.